Vimu Media Player 8.52 – for Android TV and Google TV
– Added resolution adaptation function for HD/UHD.
– Improved detection of covers from separate image files.
– API now returns duration of played video to calling app.
– MPEG-DASH URLs are always launched in ExoPlayer.
– ExoPlayer was updated.
Advanced media player for Android TV and Google TV devices.
- One minute setup!
- Optimized for the TV.
- Support for most common file formats: MKV, AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, TS, MPTS, WMV, DIVX, 3GP, VOB, MP3, FLAC, ALAC, JPEG (depends on device capabilities).
- Hardware decoding up to 4k (HEVC/VP9) on Android TV for compatible devices.
- Grid, list and double list navigation.
- Works as UPnP Renderer (DLNA Push) on Android TV.
- Simple and fast Leanback UI for Android TV.
- Android TV Picture-in-Picture mode support (7.0+).
- Navigation and playback from internal storage, SD cards and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation, search and playback from UPnP/DLNA servers.
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers.
- Switching audio tracks in multilingual files.
- AC3, EAC3, DTS pass-through on Android TV.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (you need to have an srt (lower case extension) file in the same directory as your movie file like movie.mkv and movie.srt).
- Support for embedded MKV, MP4 in SSA/ASS,, SRT, DVBSub and VOBSub formats
- M3U playlists support.
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources.
This app is ONLY compatible with TV boxes and TV-sets. Tablets and phones are not supported!